Saturday 20 April 2013

My first creation

Well that's it, I am no longer a sewing virgin!

I picked up a scrap of fabric and made a very simple cushion cover with a ribbon on. Its very rough with some very questionable straight lines, but I don't care, I am very proud of my first creation, onwards and upwards (hopefully!!), skirts, dresses and curtains here I come - OK maybe I am getting a bit ahead of myself but I am motivated now I have found that I am not completely terrible at sewing! I must admit though I was terrified pressing the pedal for the first time - I felt like I did on my first driving lesson!

I spent a good while studying the instruction manual, which my husband told me is a very girly thing to do, but hey I'm a girl so I read instructions. My machine also came with a DVD which has the MOST annoying woman speaking through it, but it was useful as I used it to follow step by step when I threaded my machine and wound the bobbin. 

So here is my first creation:



I have been and bought some more material and am now making a basic skirt with an elasticated waist,  Gosh there's just no stopping me!  maybe I could apply for the next series of the Great British Sewing Bee!....... OK well maybe I should hold off applying until I work out how to do a french seam at least!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7099167/?claim=3jawv6ydg7z">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>





No comments:

Post a Comment