Sunday 14 April 2013

A day of firsts!

It certainly is a weekend of firsts!
First number 1:  I have decided to learn to sew
First number 2: I have created my first ever blog to document my sewing progress (or lack of!).

I am not sure which one I am more scared about!

I have been thinking for a while now that I need a hobby. My husband has lots of hobbies, all which involve him going out and leaving me alone with the dog, so I wanted to be able to do something at home, something that wasn't completely impossible to do and something where I could be a bit creative. So I had a think and came up with....leaning to sew! I am not sure whether it was coincidence or not but shortly after deciding sewing was going to be my new hobby, I saw that the BBC were advertising a new series called the Great British Sewing Bee and thought it must be a sign!

The only slight issue with my new hobby is that I haven't used a sewing machine since I was at school which is a good few years ago and I can't remember if I was any good! I seem to recall making a tartan skirt, but if I remember correctly I think my teacher made more of the skirt than I did!

I have ordered the most important item..... the sewing machine of course! and am collecting it tomorrow so its too late, no going back now!

oh well, how hard can it be? (famous last words!!).

Fingers crossed I don't bore anyone who reads this too much! also I hope that by reading my blog you will be able to learn from the (many) mistakes I am bound to make on my sewing wannabe journey!






 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Clare and good luck with your first project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thanks very much I am going to try to make a skirt over the weekend

    ReplyDelete